Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Back to Book Clubs!!

Hey 5th Graders,

      Today is Wednesday, February 9, 2011.  We have taken a short break from our book clubs to do a few MINI-INQUIRES on things like blizzards, American History, and Native American Cultures.  I'm pleased to say that our return to book clubs have gone great!  Keep up the collaboration and cooperation. 

      As we break into book clubs today remember your ROLES.  Do not forget your jobs either.  If you are meeting today your tasks are on the anchor chart you see to the right. 
If you are reading/working, your nose should be in a book.  For those people reading/working, it might be a good idea to STOP, THINK, and REACT as you read.  This will help you INTERACT WITH YOUR TEXT. 

      Remember, we all have an inner voice.  That inner voice is what helps us be reflective thinkers.  Listen to the inner voice and write down your thoughts.  Bring your thoughts, feeling, opinions, and reactions to life.  THAT IS WHAT YOUR ROLE SHEETS ARE FOR. 

Sincerely yours,
C

P.S.
Getting things done is not always what is most important. There is value in allowing others to learn, even if the task is not accomplished as quickly, efficiently or effectively." - R.D. Clyde
Take your time. Do your best and forget the rest.

3 comments:

WILLie wanka said...

Dear Mr.C.

I am having problems trying to get on are new blog at home can you give me the correct password and username.

From will

PS: I see and I forget
I hear and I remember
I do and I understand.

PPS: Do your best forget the rest.

PPPS: "Roads... Where were going we don't need roads!"

PURPLE PEANUTS!!! said...

hey mr. C what is the site for our ga'hoole book clubs again?

Mr. C said...

Will and Lola,

I posted the websites for each of your book clubs here on the blog. Remember that your passwords are the titles of your books.

Will: redpyramid
Lola: gahoole