Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Online Learning Guide: Video, Document, & Photo Reflection...

Take a look at these self-assessment and reflection questions: 

Self-Assessment
Check Your Understanding
§  What questions did the photographs, videos, and readings raise in your mind?
§  Where could you find the answers to these questions?
§  What can we learn about this time period in history from what we have seen and read?
§  I used to think, but now I know…


After you have read through the questions scroll down and find some of the links pertaining to slavery.  As you view and analyze these sites think about the feeling and reactions they stir in you.  Write down those thoughts and feelings.  If you feel so inclined, feel free to post a comment as well.  PLEASE ANSWER ALL 4 OF THE ASSESSMENT QUESTIONS.   


Slavery and Civil Rights:








CIVIL WAR:





YOU TUBE


 
Underground Railroad Interactive Map

Underground Railroad Map and Information

Slavery in America maps

Scholastic Interactive Underground Railroad Website

National Geographic Underground Railroad


From the cluttered mind of C,
Teacher School District of Waukesha
Waukesha STEM Academy
8th Grade Historical Literacy

7 comments:

Mr. C said...

For those 5th graders, I mean 6th graders, who are following THINK SPOT over the summer, this is NOT an assignment you have to do. This is an assignment I created for a class I am taking this summer through the University of Wisconsin Whitewater.

I hope you guys and girls are having fun and having great experiences. Love, peace, and taco grease.

C

Anonymous said...

wats up c i am locked in my house because people are working on the street i live on.




zander peace video games books!!!!

Anonymous said...

hi mr.C I sprained my wrist (till frurther notice) and this comment hurts really bad it happened the second day of camp so I didn't get to paintball or go tubing or shoot archery I can do that at home though I got surtified in 1st grade! but yeah its all good- oh and I had to go to urgent care when the wrist thing happened and my leaders said if I went back with them that we would go to DQ and we did and I got a dilly bar awesome!!! well in like 10 minutes I gotta go get my wrist checked out again. good bye im in a lot of pain

PURPLE PEANUTS!!!!!!! said...

they think it might be fractured at the growth plate

PURPLE PEANUTS!!!!!! said...

hiiiiiiii! KT and I woke up like an hour ago and I'm still tired. :I
but we are still having fun

Grayson cooley said...

Nice but thats like what u tot us lol

mckenna said...

Hi mr c this is mckenna, i was wondering if u will use this blog for ur new ppls so TELL please!



so curious!
mckenna