Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Writing Process: Publishing

Hey Gang,

      Today is Thursday, November 17, 2011.  The blog post yesterday laid out the three ways in which we can submit out digital memoirs.  They are listed below:
Submitting directly to YouTube...
Username: lchristi@waukesha.k12.wi.us
Password:  histlit45

Submitting to sharebuilding...
Share building - 8th Grade - Hist Lit - Digital Memoirs of Holocaust

Submitting to the Bb9 Wiki...
Bb9 - Holocaust - Go Public - Digital Memoirs of the Holocaust - Wiki (Down at the bottom of the page)
      Do not forget also that we are in the last stages of he writing process: EDITTING and PUBLISHING.  We are also in the FRAMING phase of the memoir writing process.  Below you will see both.  Think about your work, the work of others, and what we have done in class so far.  Please post a comment once you have a thought about the process, your confusion, conversations we'ce had in class, or anything you know or wonder about our digital memoirs. 

Memoir writing process. 
Act 1 Downloading Phase
Act 2 Sorting Phase
Act 3 Framing Phase


Writing Process:
Step
Description
Strategies
Prewriting
An activity that causes the writer to think about the subject.  The writer organizes his thoughts before he begins to write.
Drawing
Talking
Brainstorming
Graphic organizers
Research
Listing
Field Trips
Drafting
The process of putting ideas down on paper.  The focus is on content not mechanics
Taking notes,
Organizing thoughts
into paragraphs,
Writing a first draft
Revising
The process of refining the piece of writing.  The writer adds to a writing piece.  The writer reorganizes a piece of writing.  The writer shares his story and gets input from peers or teacher.
Peer editing
Conferencing
Share Chair or Author’s Chair
Editing
Mechanical, grammatical and spelling errors are fixed in the writing piece.
Checklists
Rubrics
Editing Checklists
Proofreading
Publishing
The writing piece is prepared in final form, including illustrations.  The writer shares his writing with others.
Reading aloud
Reading to a group
Displaying in the room
Printing the books
Web publishing
We will be looking at all our hard work soon.  Enjoy!

Yours truly,
C


From the cluttered mind of C, Teacher
School District of Waukesha
Waukesha STEM Academy

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now i Know how to publish my movie.

Anonymous said...

I like the poll Mr. C, and can't wait to share our Digital Memoirs and begin immersing in Exploration and Colonization.

Anonymous said...

I now know how to submit my movie and the chart about the writing process really cleared up my understanding of it.

Anonymous said...

I think that the publishing process that we had to go through was very confusing and would be something to think about.

hexane said...

I like how we actually publish the memoirs instead of just showing them to the class. When you present a memoir, it helps you get your ideas out to other people, and in this class we actually learn how to publish them.

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoy looking at the memoirs.Everyone put so much time into and I learned a lot of each memoir.Eventhough for my group it took a lot of time to create it was worth it.

Anonymous said...

I think we are at the publishing step.

Anonymous said...

That was really helpful, especially for the people who didn't know where to post they're memoirs.

Anonymous said...

I like how we don't just show the memoirs in class but rather we share them with others by opening the door to the public. Thanks for this good experience and your expertice. Keegan Ehler

Anonymous said...

I liked adding pictures. I like the other memoirs. I like Mr. C
Aravind

Anonymous said...

I like watching the final movies. I like the pictures. Aravind

Anonymous said...

I'm still confused about the Framing Process (Act 3.) Otherwise I think the digital memoir was a fun project but still helpful in learning and understanding the Holocaust.

Amanda Grove said...

I don't know how to publish/save my video. I need help with it

Anonymous said...

Now I know how to publish my movie THANKS!!

By: Owen, & Danny

Karin McBride said...

I published mine yesterday. Thank you! :)