Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Levels of Questions...

Howdy Y'all!

      Today is Camel Day, January 4, 2012.  Woah!  It was weird typing 2012.  Anyways, this week we are focussing our attention on the INQUIRY QUESTIONS we as historians have about the past and about the texts, media, primary, and secondary sources we are interacting with.  To do that today our class will have two parts...

Part one:
This brainpop is on the Britsh Empire.  It will give us a perspective of what things were like in the past especially when it comes to how the world looked under the rule of the British Empire. 
The Sun Never Sets on the British Empire

Let's also revisit and finish interacting with the media connections our online textbook has for us.  We'll ask questions, identify confusion, and IDENTIFY "GAPS IN OUR KNOWLEDGE'.

http://my.hrw.com/


Part two:
We will take a deeper look at what GREAT HISTORIANS DO.  Great historians know how to refine their practice by refining their questions.  The following Youtube videos explain what I am trying to teach you.  We'll watch them together and dig into LEVELS of QUESTIONS. 

Refining our practice by refining our questions...

3 levels: quick

We will end the second half of class by looking at our questions to see what levels our thinking is at.  We will try to push our thinking to a deeper level.  Good luck!  I know you all can do it. 

Sincerely yours,
C
P.S. I hear and I forget.
I see and I remember.
I do and I understand.
Do your best and forget the rest!
From the cluttered mind of C, Teacher
School District of Waukesha
Waukesha STEM Academy

No comments: