Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hello 5th Graders,

      Remember today during class I used a big word called METACOGNITION.  This means that you think about your thinking.  When you dive into your reading homework tonight this is what I am asking you to try.  Think about your own thinking. 

1. Reflect on the past work you have done in your double entry diary.  
2. Choose the best entry you did and highlight it. (You may hightlight more than one if you are proud of another)
3. Give yourself a grade and tell me why you think you deserve that grade. 

      Do your best and forget the rest! 

Yours truly,
C

P.S.  It is optional to post, but I love reading your comments. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aric said...
The Double Entry Diary entry that I am most proud about is from a book called A Year Down Yonder. My direct quote from that book is: For never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo. My response was: "What does woe mean? I can look it up on dictionary.com" I did and it means: grievious,distress,affliction, and trouble. This is my best one because I had a question during my reading, and looked it up immediately. This is why I think I deserve a four (4.)
From,
Aric Booth
P.S. McFly your shoe is untied.
P.p.s. Your killi'n me smalls!

Mr. C said...

Aric Booth with the amazing comment!! Woah, am I blown away. That is exactly what I was asking for in class today. You told me what your direct quote was. You let me know exactly what your response was. You gave yourself a grade, and you told me exactly why you think a 4 is in order.

Nice work McFly!
C

Anonymous said...

HI MR.C THE BOOK THAT IM READING IS THE ALAMO IM GOING TO BURN THE STORS SO THEY CANT EAT FOOD AND GIT HEALTHER. SO I BUREND IT UP AND RAN AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



FROM BRIDGET CAMARILLO