Friday, October 22, 2010

High Five Friday!!

Hello readers and writers,

      Today is Friday, October 22, 2010.  I hope you are looking forward to the weekend as much as I am.  This blogging thing is kind of fun.  I found out from another teacher last night how to post comments.  If you check out the blog post that precedes this one you will see a little exercise in writing.  As a teacher i believe writing should be FUN, shared, interesting, a choice, a gift, and oh yeah did I mention FUN! 

      Our learning target for today is as follows...
Text can be analyzed: Students will analyze fiction and nonfiction text.
I CAN... EVALUATE AUTHOR'S PURPOSE, POINT OF VIEW, AND EFFECTIVENESS.

      As you dive into your books and read today, think about what the author's voice is.  What is the author trying to say?  What does the author want to tell you?  What does the author want you to think about?  The two "P's" of reading and writing are PROCESS and PURPOSE.  Authors have a purpose just like readers do. 

Can you find your AUTHOR'S PURPOSE?

Yours truly,
C
P.S. McFly, those boards don't work on water.  You need POWER!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI FIVE FAY TO YOU TO MR.C FROM US ISIS RIDDOCK MAXIMUS CIJI JEREMIAH BRIDGET

Anonymous said...

hi mr c you know im over using your blog 5 post
mckenna

Anonymous said...

hi dominick:so the photo with the glases remindes me of the cool teacher that teaches me every day...

Anonymous said...

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!

My book author's purpose is to have adventure and there is no place like home.


rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B.T.W off my crutches so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The book I am reading is Fablehaven.

Picture 3 - I think the person in picture 3 is thinking, "Oh I look so weird! Stop taking my picture."

Zoe M

Anonymous said...

The book i am reading is PHANTOM ANIMALS!!!!!!
So far it is good, i have read about a demon dog a demon cat and a taliking rat.
I finished a lot of books so far so i will only tell u the most recent. Socks, Shelter dogs.
The connection i made was from the book shelter dogs. The connection was a text-to-media because on the raido they sometimes would say that there is a dog that needs a home . One time there was a dog in the newa paper and i wanted it so bad. It was a pit bull named leah she was white and very cute.
From: SADIE O'CONNOR :)