Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Debates or Comparative Literary Analysis: You Decide...


Hey Gang,

      You all know how we are kicking off our day today.  We have one final step to finish up ARGUING BOTH SIDES.  We will get together with our argument partners and come to a consensus that would be mutually beneficial for both teachers and students when it comes to cell phones in the classroom.  Use your notes and evidence from the text as well as your own innovative thinking. 
      In each CORE today Miss Holsen and I will be launching the next project for Historical Literacy.  Miss Holsen will be showing us how we might go about selecting books for a COMPARATIVE LITERARY ANALYSIS.  I will be handing out the rubrics and the 8 debate topic there are to choose from.  So by the end of tomorrow you must select either the COMPARATIVE LITERARY ANALYSIS or THE DEBATE.

MUST DO's. Vs. CAN DO's for Both ProjectsMust read... Can be primary source or historical fiction
Must write... Can be letters to opponents or another persuasive writing piece
Must revisit the America Revolution... Can be through nonfiction or Historical fiction
Books for comparative literary analysis 

      We will wrap up class with time to look at the different books and the primary sources so you can make an educated decision as to which path you wish to take.  Your learning targets can be found below in red.  Enjoy!

READING:  I can evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text; assess the reasoning and evidence for relevancy.
WRITING:  I can write arguments to support claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence.

Sincerely,
C

48 comments:

Amanda Grove said...

why are we doing this?

Nick L. said...

This is Nicholas Lawrence I am going to do Comparative Literary Analysis.

Ami Leigh said...

Ami Leigh

Mr. C I am going to do Literary Analysis

Dillon Culver said...

Hello, this is Dillon Culver and I would like to do the Debate. However I am not yet certain of the topic of which I would like to debate.

Colin Gilgenbach said...

I decided to do the debate/letters.

Maya Sarder said...

I am going to do the debate

Kendall Smith said...

Mr. C I'm doing the literary analysis.

Emily R. said...

This is Emily Rhodes and I am going to do the debate most likely on Parliament.

Sam Johnson said...

This is Sam. I am going to do the debating.

moosey said...

I agree with Emily, I would like to debate on paralament as wel;. BTW HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! :) <3
~Angie Eifert

Madison:) said...

Heyy Mr. C i'm going to be doing the debate:)

Anonymous said...

This is jacob stankowski and I want to do the debate.... I havent picked out the debate topic....

Jordan Glazewski said...

hey Mr. C I'm doing the comparative literary analysis and all ready choose my book.

Caitlin Escobedo said...

Hey Mr.C, I want to do the debat but I'm still unsure of which topic I'd like to do.

Jeremy said...

i will be doing debate

James Goldbach said...

Dear Mr. C I am doing the comparative literary analysis. I have not decided on a book yet but I am searching.

Charlie Reed said...

This is Charlie Reed. I decided to do a literary analysis AND the debate. I'm still deciding what topics to choose.

nate oldenborg said...

nate- iam going to do the dabate and the literary analysis

Katherine C said...

This is Katherine, I'm going to do the debate. I have not yet decided on a topic.

Solvo Amoveo said...

This is Jake Fuller, I am doing the comparative literary analysis. I am still looking for the book I am going to read.

julio cisneros said...

this is julio i want to do the debate about parliament

Sheyanne Manthey said...

Hey Mr. C I am going to be debating.

Ethan S said...

im going to be doing the debate

Jordan Glazewski said...

I'm reading The journal of William Thomas Emerson : a Revolutionary War patriot

JACOB HAS A LARGE PE said...

dear mr c.... i would like to do 11a

max said...

this is max and im doing debating

Luke is Beast said...

dear Mr.C I am going to do the debate. The topic that I want to debate about is 11A America Must Seek Indepence from Great Britain

-Luke Garland

Tyler P said...

Dear Mr.C, this is Tyler P i am going to do debates.I have not chosen a topic yet

Anonymous said...

I chose to do the debate, i have not picked my topic yet.

Nick H said...

Mr. C I am going to do the debating about the war.

jACOB STANKOWSKI said...

11A

Gronewold said...

Hey, s'up Mr. C. This is Myles Gronewold and I am doing the comparative literary analysis. But, I still have to find a book I am going to read. Well, see ya around Town & School, and in Class Mr.C.

Myles G said...

S'up Mr.C, this is Myles G and I am doing the comparative literary analysis, but, I still need to find a book to read for it.

Domenic M. said...

This is Domenic Mehalos and I am going to do a debate. I am going to do mine on Parliament.

Ben G. said...

This is Ben Graichen and I am going to debate on parliament.

Jackson Boyer said...

Hey Mr. C this is Jackson Boyer and I'm going to do the debt but I still have not decided on what topic I am going to do.

Charlie Ho said...

Dear Mr.C this is Charlie Ho and I am going to debate, but I am still undecided at this point on what I am debating on.

Samicus Schutzicus III said...

Charmanders are Red
Squirtles are Blue.
I choose literary Analysis.
How About You?
And by the Way, I'm still choosing my book.

- The Bau5

TK said...

I am doing the reading

Savannah said...

I have chose to do the debate on 13A and 13B

-Savannah Burmeister XD

Payton said...

Mr. C I chose the literary analysis the book that i will be reading is The Fighting Ground By: Avi

CoNn0r 2c0m@ said...

supp i am doin the debate on
10a+10b
-Connor Scoma

Owen Visuri said...

I am going to do the debate on the topic "american soldiers should act together"

From
Owen Visuri

brooke said...

I am going to debate on "The decicision to break from great britain"

kris valters said...

i am doing the debate on 10a and 10b

JACOB HAS A LARGE PE CLASS said...

Can I do 11a

karin_mcbride said...

I am going to do the debate, but I am trying to decide on either 13a or 13b.
-Karin McBride :)

Dustin said...

this is dustin i am going to debate on paralament