Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Guest Teacher Today...

Good Morning and Good Afternoon (Core 3),

      Today is your day!  I have poked, prodded, got you in groups, forced you into tribes activities, and even walked you through the Declaration of Independence.  Yesterday you all did 3 hours of testing for crying out loud!  So today is your day.  ACADEMIC CHOICE. 


      Here is what I mean...


      1.  Some of you are ready to go with your projects.  Great! Get a start.


      2.  Some have not selected projects Great!  Select one you like.


      3.  Some would like to propose different project ideas.  Great! Write up a proposal with      you or a friend and submit one to me.   


      4.  Some need time to read and annotate text.  Great! Highlighters, post its, pens, text, and paper are at your disposal. 


      5.  Some would like to create or discover a persona for debates or reenactments.  Great! Begin the research you need to create a persona you like. 

      Today is your day to either choose your work, start your work, or continue your work.  Please make sure that you are interacting with some text of your choosing today. 
    
*Special note to CORE 2:  First, let me start by sharing good old fashioned appreciation for all of you.  From those of you who don’t like me very much to those who share laughs and smiles with me on a daily basis I say thank you.  Thank you for taking the discussion yesterday to heart.  Thank you for contributing and listening even if what was being said confused you, irritated you, or frustrated you.  Thank you for trusting me as not only your teacher, but also as an adult in your life who is trying to make your experiences better (and by better I mean engaging). Whether you all want to accept it or not I do have your best interests at heart. 

      Now, back to all my CORES, here is the rest of my message.  This is not my feeble attempt at sarcasm.  This is what I see as a teacher.  You are all brilliant and capable: I believe this and I expect you to prove me right.

Sincerely,

C
P.S. Why do some of you draw the correlation that writing more papers, reports, and assignments will help you to become an engaging writer?  
Do you know how to problem solve?  All of you do, yet we do not have a problem solving CORE here at STEM because we problem solve all day.
Do you know how to present a presentation?  All of you do, because you are asked to show your learning at least once a week. 
Do you know how to watch a movie and formulate an opinion based on what you saw?  You know you all do yet we don't have a movie watching skills class here at STEM. 




From the cluttered mind of C, Teacher
School District of Waukesha
Waukesha STEM Academy

6 comments:

rob said...

Rob Tyndall
For my project I would like to make something that would put me in the mindset of a person in the revolution. I decided to do this by making a story and putting it in the form of an interactive “game” story using powerpoint. I have used powerpoint before and I know that I can make an interactive story.

Elena, Emilie, Alexandra, Meaghan, and Lexus said...

2/16/12
Core 2
Elena, Emilie, Alexandra, Meaghan, and Lexus

Dear King George,
Our project proposal is a combination of all the project components. We will have a lit circle on one book. Then we will each choose a persona from the time of the American Revolution. Then we will write persuasive letters to each other from our personas views. We will then make a short film depicting our personas stories.


Sincerely,
The Filthy Brits and the Bloody Americans

Primary Texts
Meaghan~10B
Emilie~12A
Alexandra~11A
Elena~13A
Lexus~11B

moosey said...

What does the P.S. part of your message mean? is it leading us to our next project??

Anonymous said...

Hist lit Proposal
aLivi springsteen

IN HISTORICAL LITERACY I am doing the debate. I will read the though the article and highlight all relevant information that will help In my debate. I am reading the article In folder 11. It I bases off of two opinions. One of T-Paine and one by another guy. One is about staying loyal the british and the other about starting the own army and go against the british

Ethan S said...

I would like to do a short movie about what America would be like if our forefathers didnt fight and obtain our freedom, i would describe the life style we would live and events we would have to celebrate. I would talk about the drawbacks and the advantages. thanks let me know what you think

Anonymous said...

Nevermind im just going to debate on if war is justified thanks