Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Howdy do!

      Today is Thursday, December 16, 2010.  It was great to see so many parents and families here to visit.  Today as we revisit wolf girls one of your tasks is to take a third look at your INFERENCES/THEORIES/and HYPOTHESES.  It is your time to reread, self-correct, or clarify confusion you may have.  We have already seen and read the text Wolf Girls.  We have already read other pieces of text that are connected to Wolf Girls as well.  You are always able to revise your inferences based on new information you come across.  I have a great piece of text I was reading last night and this morning that shows what its like to make an educated guess. 
      
Let's look at our learning targets again to give us purpose:
        2c Use comprehension strategies to guide thinking within the text, and beyond the text (schema, connections, questioning, mental images, inferring, determining importance, synthesizing)
        2d Monitor reading by rereading, self-correcting, and clarifying confusion

      The other task I would like you to complete is to go to the blog yourself.  I would like you to read the comments of other 5th graders in the class to see what they are thinking.  After you have found one you would like to respond to, post a comment to that 5th grader.  LEARNING IS SHARED.  Our 5th grade blog is an unbelieveable tool to share thinking, even when we aren't in school.  Have fun reading today, and remember to support your INFERENCES/THEORIES/HYPOTHESES with proof.  

Paz afuera,
C
P.S. I hear and I forget.
I see and I remember.
I do and I understand.
Do your best and forget the rest! 

10 comments:

Hotshot (Marin) said...

Dear Katie,

You're info is great, espiecialy the fact that we are doing the same theory. Ya kow what would ya say to teaming up?(Ha-ha!!) I might use the fact that it wasn't uncommen that children often run away from bad situations. I think that that is a really good fact, one that I havn, found yet! But, I was wondering, how does the book know it's COMPLETLY impossible that kids absolutly CAN'T be raised by wolves? I get that wolves are really aggresive, but...

Marin

lilyofthe desert said...

Dear Marin
I disagree because of the story wolfgirl of devil's river.I actually think that Singh was was telling the truth but also lied. I have facts to prove it.

sincerly Lily

purple peanuts! said...

OMG kaitie H I'm doing the same theory as you! and I totally agree that syng made this whole thing up I mean it could be true but this just dosen't mach the facts!

HERE ARE MY FACTS
-the wolf girl was published around 90 years prior to the wolf girls.

well thats only 1 but I have all of them in TGIF bye bye!

DOMINIC THE PSHCO said...

Hey mr.C what does ostentatios mean.

techdeckdude746(zach) said...

I agree with you jazmyn i think that to become a feral child you have to be taken away by an animal or follow an animal and learn the ways about being an animal

IT IS A MYSTERY said...

Mr.C What is your favorite book and what is it about. Please reply on this blog

help me!!!! zander said...

help me whare do you post the blog at????????!!!!!!!!!!



helllllllllp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in need of help zander
p.s. I cant do my home work it needs to be done asap cus i got like 15 mins to do it

help me!!!! zander said...

neva mind i figerd it out!!!
zander

Your Queen said...

hi

Jordan Rodrigues said...

Hi Mr. C
It's me Jordan saying happy late New Year. Haven't heard from you in while. My new writing teacher isn't anything like you... in a good way

--From Jordan

P.s. I go to Butler Middle School now